Interior Designer Cover Letter
Interior Designers create functional and aesthetically-pleasing indoor spaces by using both their artistic and technical skills. Examples of Interior Designer duties include discussing requirements with clients, inspecting area to be designed, drawing sketches, using computer-aided design software, buying items, overseeing installation, and performing corrections. As part of their job, Interior Designers collaborate with a range of experts such as architects, electricians, plumbers, and painters.
A successful sample cover letter for Interior Designer showcases the following qualifications:
- Technical and drawing skills
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of CAD software
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- An eye for details and accuracy
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Networking and teamwork
- Marketing skills to promote their services
An example cover letter emphasizing similar Interior Designer skills is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Interior Designer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Lusby:
Upon review of your posting for an Interior Designer, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my education and experience in interior design, as well as my proven commitment to dynamic, forward-focused residential and commercial space planning, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization.
With expertise in design subjects spanning color theory and furniture design to contemporary and historical styles and drafting / rendering, I am prepared to excel in this role. Along with my impressive professional achievements in interior design and planning, my additional strengths in design concepts and presentations, project scheduling and budgeting, and superior client service position me to thrive in this challenging and creative position with Goldcane Design.
Highlights of my background include:
- Excelling in residential planning and interior design educational program while generating a high-impact portfolio and project board and earning a reputation for successfully completing outstanding design projects above their required scope.
- Achieving in-depth expertise in a variety of interior design elements, including color schemes, furnishings, materials, textures, and floor plans.
- Orchestrating construction and installation projects while communicating consistently with vendors, suppliers, traders, and contractors to ensure successful project execution.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills to propel projects and teams to peak results.
- Currently pursuing NKBA and AutoCAD certification; possessing dual degrees in Interior Design and Fashion Design.
With my previous experience in interior design, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sample resume for a real estate-to-interior design career change
This sample resume shows how a real estate agent can showcase new and transferable skills on a resume to make a career change into interior design.
Real estate agents can showcase new and transferable skills on their resumes to make a career change into interior design. To learn how, view the sample resume below and download the real estate-to-interior design career change resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about real estate careers on Monster.
Real Estate-to-Interior Design Career Change resume template
AMY WEST | Interior Designer
Sometown, IL 60609 | Phone: (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Award-winning interior design student, upcoming BFA graduate and certified home stager who is transitioning from real estate sales to a career in interior design. Repeatedly recognized for creative, conceptual and analytical talents; AutoCAD and design proficiencies; and exemplary work ethic.
Demonstrated success transforming client ideas into beautiful, functional design solutions. Experience leading design projects to finish on time, on budget and with excellent quality. Offer expert home staging, client relations, sales and negotiation skills developed as a licensed real estate agent.
Education & Credentials
ABC INSTITUTE OF ART — Sometown, IL
BFA Degree Candidate, Major in Interior Design | GPA: 3.7
Completed Design Courses:
Fundamentals of Interior Design
History of Architecture & Furniture
Rendering & Architectural Illustration
Lighting for Interiors
Design Basics 2D & 3D
Interior Design Studio
Certified Home Stager | Licensed Real Estate Agent
INTERIOR DESIGN APPRENTICESHIP
ABC Design Firm — Sometown, IL
Interior design group specializing in commercial and retail design
Design Assistant, 6/16 to Present
Completing an apprenticeship at a leading commercial design firm.
- Developed modern design concept for assigned client (an upscale, regional women’s wear boutique chain), winning acceptance and go-ahead for project.
- Coordinated the design and space-planning process, including oversight of fixture/furniture selection, code compliance and architectural details.
- Praised by both client and design firm for the creativity, functionality, cost-effectiveness and vision of finished project.
INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
— ABC Institute of Art —
- Won first place in student design competition for “Best Hotel Lobby Design.” Singled out among 50+ designs as the favorite by client sponsor (a four-star resort) and awarded $1,500 scholarship.
- Placed second in regional lighting-design competition. Built custom lighting fixture from scratch to earn recognition by a panel of professionals as one of the best designs among 45 entries.
- Conceptualized elegant, multitonal commercial wall covering using “green” materials that won honorable mention in design competition. Incorporated flexibility into design to enable its manufacture in virtually any color scheme.
- Completed a range of projects for studio classes, including:
- Selected as project lead in the design of a guest bedroom for “ASID Showcase House,” a biannual event sponsored by the American Society of Interior Designers. Led student team of four to complete bedroom design for multimillion-dollar home in exclusive suburb. Delivered a luxurious design while remaining within budget of $3.50 per square foot.
- Consistently recognized for expertise in using AutoCAD to complete all drafting projects (including floor plans, elevations, finish boards, renderings and construction drawings).
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE: HOME STAGING & REAL ESTATE SALES
XYZ REALTY — Sometown, IL
Commercial/residential real estate firm
Licensed Realtor / Certified Home Stager, 2014 to Present
Licensed Realtor, 2005 to 2014
Represent both buyer and seller interests in the sale of new construction, resale, foreclosure and multifamily residential properties throughout the Sometown area. Match clients’ needs with appropriate properties and provide exceptional service.
- Demonstrated expert home staging, prospecting and relationship-building skills, generating strong sales results despite a challenging real estate market.
- Earned credential as a certified home stager and leveraged talents in transforming homes to give the best first impression to potential buyers. Efforts resulted in quicker sales (typically 6 weeks vs. the current 4.5-month average) and higher profits (exceeding area averages by 20 percent).
- Delivered multimillion-dollar annual revenue growth for the past decade and earned #1 rankings and numerous awards throughout career, including:
- Top Listing Agent of the Year (out of 50-member XYZ Realty team)
- Five-time honors as Top Salesperson of the Year (out of realtor teams of up to 32)
- Seven “Multimillion-Dollar Producer” awards from the Association of Realtors
AutoCAD v Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop v MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
PORTFOLIO OF DESIGN WORK AVAILABLE ON REQUEST