Medical assistant cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a medical assistant, or download the medical assistant cover letter template in Word.
As a medical assistant, you’re an integral part of helping doctors deliver patient care. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top medical assistant jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a medical assistant, or download the medical assistant cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about health care careers and search for medical assistant jobs on Monster.
Medical assistant cover letter template
Monica Swift, CNA
Sometown, FL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 27, 2017
Mr. Michael Delaney
555 Arbor Ave.
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Medical Assistant, Oncology Unit Position l Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Delaney:
As an upcoming graduate of XYZ School’s CAAHEP-accredited Medical Assistant (MA) program with a career focus in medical oncology, I am interested in serving as a medical assistant at your state-of-the-art hospital. My résumé is enclosed for your review.
I recently completed a medical assistant externship at DEF Hospital’s Cancer Center, a world-class medical environment that included medical oncology, radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging, BMT and gynecologic oncology programs. During my externship, I demonstrated excellent patient care and attention to detail in performing a range of assignments, including:
- Taking medical histories and updating patient medical records
- Coding and filling out insurance forms
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients and assisting physicians during exams
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by physicians
- Drawing blood, taking electrocardiograms and changing dressings
I also bring to the table five years of healthcare experience gained through work as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) within hospitals and rehabilitation facilities. When combined with my medical assistant studies, this background provides a strong foundation in quality patient care, disease physiology, EMR systems, patient recordkeeping and HIPAA compliance. As a result, I would quickly become a productive member of your team.
If you are seeking a dedicated medical assistant to provide compassionate care to your oncology patients, please consider my qualifications. You can call my cell at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to arrange an interview. Thank you in advance for your time.
Monica Swift, CNA
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Certified Medical Assistant Cover Letter
Certified Medical Assistants are employed by medical offices and are in charge for completing a variety of duties: filling insurance claims, taking phone calls, welcoming patients, maintaining medical records, scheduling appointments, collecting lab specimens, sterilizing medical equipment, administering medication, explaining treatment plans to patients, preparing examination rooms for the next patient, providing emotional support to patients, and providing first aid when needed.
Our collection of cover letter samples for Certified Medical Assistants reveals the following job requirements:
- Basic clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Being able to work under pressure
- Bedside manners
- Organizational skills
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Computer competences
- Counseling skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
A well-written cover letter example showcasing relevant Certified Medical Assistant abilities is visible just beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Certified Medical Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Brown:
As a skilled medical professional with experience working alongside physician teams to ensure smooth and efficient office operations as well as superior patient care, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your search for a Certified Medical Assistant. My background and skill set positions me to substantially assist your medical team in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My experience spans nine years of substantial contributions to fast-paced physician offices, supporting up to 19 family practice physicians and nurse practitioners in all facets of office operations—from scheduling appointments and managing records to monitoring vitals and preparing patients for examinations. My ability to adeptly coordinate patient service and enhance patient satisfaction positions me to excel in this role. Documenting patient information, communicating with laboratory staff, and delivering comprehensive medical instructions to patients are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care and support.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Assisting a team of three internists and two nurse practitioners in my most recent position as a CMA with Pathway Medical Center, promoting positive patient flow by escorting patients to their appropriate offices, efficiently monitoring and documenting vitals, and ensuring full patient readiness in accordance with physician and NP schedules/availability.
- Providing overarching administrative support for medical offices, including call answering/routing, supply orders/inventory control, confidential records management, and employee scheduling.
- Tasked with mentoring, training, and supervising new medical assistants.
- Communicating with patients professionally and compassionately, from initial visit scheduling through follow-up care.
- Interacting with patients to manage expectations and ensure continuity of care.
With my expertise in supporting physicians and nurse practitioners with comprehensive patient care and treatment, as well as general medical office operations, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your practice. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Dawn J. Smith