Top 34 Argumentative Essay Topics On Social Media
The right argumentative essay topics on social media will help you get good grades and impress the teacher. If you search over the internet you will find quite a lot of argumentative essay topics on social media. Here is a list of some of the best argumentative essay topics on social media that you can work on. Make sure that the subject is fresh and unique in its own way.
List of argumentative essay topics on social media:
- Is social networking really important?
- Should teenagers be allowed to access social networks?
- What should be the minimum age for creating an account in these sites?
- Should there be any restriction on the social interactions of children?
- Is social networking the reason behind an alienated society?
- Was life better before social networking was invented?
- Which social network is better?
- Which to use? The one that allows you to interact with unknown people or the one that allows for more anonymity?
- Should social networking be banned from educational institutes?
- Does social networking cause lapse in concentration?
- How important is texting to the present generation?
- What is the appropriate etiquette when using social network?
- Should employers scan the social network profile of employees?
- With social networks, nothing is a secret anymore?
- People are becoming shallower because of social networking?
- Is there any positive effect of social network?
- Should videos be shared on social network?
- Are social networks making a mockery of private life?
- Images stored on social networks are never safe.
- The best way to communicate is through social networks or face e to face?
- Should there be a watchdog on a person’s social activity?
- Protesting over social networks is fruitless. Do you agree?
- Which is the better and more secure? Writing a letter or sending a text?
- Should people stop using social networks?
- Do you think the government keeps an eye on a person’s social activity?
- Are social networks being used to spread propaganda and hate message?
- Is social networking the new smoking?
- Hours spend on the web; using social networks are fruitless and ineffective?
- Are social networks bringing down productivity at workplace?
- The effect of social network on developing mid is not appropriate?
- Should students be allowed to access social networks using the school Wi-Fi?
- The easiest way to know a person is through his social network profile?
- People create a different projection of themselves on the internet?
- Do people start to believe in these new identities?
As you may already know, an argumentative essay is a writing genre where the student establishes a position on a given or chosen topic and then uses evidence to persuade the audience to see things from his/her point of view. To write a great argumentative essay the students first have to investigate several sides of the argument, which allows them to make an educated stance. Then, they have to collect evidence, including facts, statistics, and claims from experts in the topic’s field.
Generally, the primary objective of writing an argumentative essay is to learn how to convince people to change their mind about things which many of them are pretty firm about.
What Makes a Good Argumentative Essay Topic?
When you are asked to choose a good topic for your argument, start with something you are familiar with. Even if you hire a professional writer to help you with this assignment, speaking about something you know will be a much better sounding presentation of your arguments. Choosing an emotional topic is also a good idea. Appealing to the readers’ emotions connects them to the side of the writer and draws them in. One of the best ways to change anyone’s mind is with an emotional investment.
Pick Your Own Topic or Get Your Essay Done For You
We offer a great list of topics for writing your own argumentative essay. Did you also know you can get your essay written for a small fee? We employ hundreds of professional writers, who specialize in essay, dissertation and research writing. They have written literally hundreds of academic papers for students worldwide. We know how to write a perfect custom-written argumentative essay that will meet your requirements and will get you the grade you want. Contact us now to get professional essay writing help!
If you would like to write the paper on your own, below is the actual list of argumentative essay topics along with sample essays on most discussed ones:
Middle/High School-Level Argumentative Essay Topics
College-Level Argumentative Essay Topics
Try to Avoid These Argument Topics
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
Classic Argumentative Essay Topics
Argument on Bioethics
Argument on Issues in the IT Sphere
Argumentative Topics for Legal Discussions
Argumentative Topics of Social Concerns
Society and the Media
Now, once you have chosen a good topic from the list, try to lay down your thoughts on your screen. Here are some tips on how to do it right:
Tips on Writing a GREAT Argumentative Essay
Here is how your argumentative essay should be structured:
Adhering to the above structure of an argumentative essay will hold your creative process together:
- The first paragraph offers a brief review of the topic, explains its importance, and shares the essay’s clear and concise thesis statement.
- After the introduction come the body paragraphs, in which the writer develops his/her arguments and supports them with valid and reliable evidence.
- The support should be anecdotal, logical, statistical, or factual depending on the essay’s topic.
- Following the argument paragraphs, the writer shares the opposing views.
- Ending the paragraph is the conclusion. This paragraph is quite important since it leaves the reader with the most immediate impression. The writer should synthesize the information shared in the body of the essay as they restate the topic’s importance, review main points, as well as review the thesis. No new information should be shared in the conclusion.
Here is another cool tip to make your arguments sound stronger: use connection words!
How Do I Use Connection Words While Writing an Argumentative Essay?
Transition or connection words and phrases hold your essay together. They provide flow as they connect thoughts and ideas.
|Addition||additionally; also; and; as a matter of fact; as well as; equally; equally important; furthermore; identically; in addition; in the first place; like; likewise; not only…but also; not to mention; similarly; together with; too|
|Contrast||above all; after all; albeit; although; although this may be true; as much as; be that it may; besides; but; conversely; despite; different from; even so/though; however; in contrast; in reality; in spite of; nevertheless; nonetheless; notwithstanding; of course…, but; on the contrary; on the other hand; or; otherwise; rather; regardless; whereas;|
|Cause or Purpose||as; as/so long as; because of; due to; for fear that; for the purpose of; given that; granted (that); if…then; in case; in view of; in order to; in the event that; in the hope that; lest; only/even if; owing to; provided that; seeing/being that; since; so as to; so that; unless; when; whenever; while; with this in mind|
|Examples or Support||another key point; as an illustration; by all means; chiefly; especially; for example; for instance; for this reason; in fact; in other words; notably; specifically; surprisingly; to point out; truly|
|Consequence or Result||accordingly; as a result; because the; consequently; due to; for; for this reason; hence; in effect; in that case; since; so that; therefore; with the result that|
|Conclusion / Summary / Restatement|
after all; all things considered; as a result; as can be seen; as shown above; consequently; for the most part; generally speaking; given these points; in conclusion; in fact; to summarize;
How Is Knowing All This Going to Help Me?
Writing a good argumentative essay develops your argumentative thinking. You will need it to not only survive among your peers today but also succeed among the humans around you in the future. Most of the businesses and partnerships prosper through argument. Getting the right arguments will help you prove your point and win.
The modern world is ruled by the intellect. Those win who keep themselves focused on becoming stronger at what they are set to choose as the profession. It means no distraction on things of little importance.
That's right, in order to succeed, you need to stay focused on what you really feel and are willing to devote your life to. And it should really take up most of your time. Seriously. The more research you can do to get better at your future profession, the better.
We have been writing papers for students since 2005. You are welcome to use our essay writing service as one of the instruments of your career success strategy.
Here is a fun fact: Most of the geniuses out there are drop-outs. They were too focused on what really mattered to them and couldn't get their homework done on time. No matter if you run a successful business, get a busy job in a big corporation, need to visit your family or have an emergency - failing your module is a horrible possibility. That is why our writers are here to help you 24/7. If Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates knew about our service, we bet they could have gotten their degree on time by having the research handy.