Accounting Clerk Cover Letter
Sample accounting clerk cover letter convincingly identifies your most relevant skills and strengths to the potential employer.
Adapt this cover letter example to meet the requirements of the target job and your own background.
A cover letter that clearly articulates what you can bring to the job opportunity will grab the reader's attention and get your resume read with serious attention. A persuasive introduction will quickly convince the potential employer of your suitability for the job opportunity.
This enthusiastic and well-written cover letter sets you apart from the competition.
Accounting Clerk Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Human Resources Manager
10 Industry Place
New York, NY 10021
Dear Mrs Millar
In response to the job posting on ABC website, please consider my resume in your search for an Accounting Clerk. I am confident that my relevant experience in a high volume environment makes me an excellent match for this position.
Please allow me to highlight my capabilities as they relate to your stated requirements.
- Proven track record as a reliable, dedicated team player who consistently and accurately meets deadlines in a demanding environment
- First-rate organizational skills together with high quality decision-making ensures efficient completion of multiple and varied accounting tasks
- Able to use well-developed problem-solving and analysis skills to satisfactorily resolve payment and receivable issues
- Strong customer service and communication skills result in effective collaborative working relationships
- Solid computer skills including Excel, MS Word and Database
In the X years I have worked as an Accounting Clerk I have proved myself to be a capable, hard working and enthusiastic employee. I believe that I would be a valuable asset to your accounting department and would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth interview.
Thank you for your review and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Include this accounting clerk cover letter with your accounting clerk resume to create a job-winning application.
The accounting clerk job description can help you to build an informative cover letter.
Highlight the accounting clerk competencies that are required in most accounting clerk jobs.
Key Competencies for Accounting Clerk Jobs
- Communication skills - both verbal and written skills along with computer proficiency.
- Willing to be a team player - accounting clerks are required to be able to work independently as well as on a team. Employers want people who work well with others and contribute to department goals.
- Organizational and planning skills - accounting clerks are required to multitask, prioritize and manage competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve issues.
- Reliability and integrity - employers look for candidates who they can depend on and who display honesty and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail - accuracy and thoroughness are essential in this job.
Job Seekers Recommend These Accounting Resume Examples
Are you looking for an entry level position? This entry level accounting resume provides a good starting point.
Popular Pages for Cover Letters
Accounting Clerk Cover Letter Tips
Accounts Receivable Cover Letter
Accounts Payable Cover Letter
List of Strengths
Email Cover LetterClosing a Cover Letter
For your Job Interview
Accounting Job Interview Questions
Clerical Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Accounting Clerk
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Dear Mr. Whitfield
I hope this letter finds you well. I am responding to the ad in todays paper for an Accounts Clerk. After reviewing my qualifications you will see that my skills and background more than matches what you are looking for.
As a recent college graduate in accounting I am looking to expand on what I have learned in an exciting and growing environment like yours.I do have experience in the business as a Junior Accounts Clerk. I spent three summers working at P&Peters a prominent financial firm here in Montana. While I have been offered full time work there the fact is I am relocating to London for personal reasons. These circumstances require I look for work in the area and knowing your agencys reputation as one of the top in its field on the West Coast really appeals to my sense of growth.
I already have extensive knowledge in recordkeeping spreadsheets accounting software and know I would be a great asset to your agency. I would gladly come out for an interview at your convenience.