For an Administrative Assistant cover letter, clarity is key. A clear, well-structured cover letter plays an important role in showcasing your ability to handle the rigors of a busy office. To ensure you succeed at illustrating your skills effectively, there are various methods to make a cover letter stand out amongst the competition. The following sample was created with our easy-to-use cover letter builder.
Table of Contents
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter (Image)
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter (Text Format)
- Four Tips for Writing Your Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
1. Administrative Assistant Cover Letter (Image)
The following images show an administrative assistant cover letter, and its matching resume from the same applicant. Although the following example outlines someone with five years of relevant experience, it can still be used as a template by anyone interested in applying for an Administrative Assistant position.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Want to check out cover letters from other industries? Our database of cover letter examples is a great free resource to explore.
2. Administrative Assistant Cover Letter (Text Format)
[Hiring Manager’s Name]
341 Company Address
Palo Alto, California, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
After discovering your advertisement in the Wichita Eagle yesterday, I was immediately intrigued by the opportunity to work at [Target Company] as an Administrative Assistant. My five years of relevant experience combined with my friendly demeanor and attention to detail make me an ideal candidate for this position.
Administrative work is foundational to a company, and I relish the opportunity to play such a critical role in the office. At BFD Associates based in Chicago, I worked as the Receptionist for one year, where I quickly became a vital part of the team. During my first six months I boosted the company’s mailing capabilities by 8% using new, simplified digital formatting for invoices. As the Office Manager at Micro Communications, I implemented office management software that reduced labor costs by 5% in 2014.
[Target Company] has been on my radar for years now because I simply love its products and find its positive public image refreshing. I am aware that [Target Company] seeks to increase its reach into out-of-state markets, particularly in Colorado and Oklahoma. I grew up in the Denver metropolitan area, and believe my intimate knowledge of the culture there could be effectively wielded to the benefit of [Target Company].
I’d love to have a face-to-face interview if possible. The opportunity to work for [Target Company] is an exciting prospect, and I’d love to play a role in the maintenance and expansion of the company. I am available for an interview at anytime, please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
3. Four Tips for Writing Your Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
1. First impressions matter! Sending in a messy cover letter filled with spelling errors is a good way to not get interviewed. An Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining order in a crazy world. Show your potential employer what you can do.
Before writing your cover letter, make sure you are familiar with the company.
2. The proof is in the pudding. Prove that you are organized, detail-oriented and responsible with examples of your past accomplishments. Don’t stuff your writing with buzzwords that lack content.
3. Let your personality shine throughout your writing. Although it is important to maintain professionalism while composing a cover letter, remember that an Administrative Assistant plays a crucial role as a key channel of communication between clients and the company. Fundamental social skills are a must.
4. Do your homework! Before writing your cover letter, make sure you are familiar with the company. What are its products and future goals? How could you fit into their work culture? Wield this knowledge to your advantage.
Team Assistant Cover Letter
Team Assistants are responsible for providing secretarial and operational support to groups of professionals working in various fields. For this job, employers select candidates who are able to work under pressure and who can pay special attention to details. Essential work responsibilities of a Team Assistant are providing support to the team leader, doing paperwork, organizing and attending team meetings, taking notes during meetings, ordering supplies, maintaining schedules, and completing other tasks as assigned by team members.
A well-written sample cover letter for Team Assistant should focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Being able to follow instructions
- Customer service orientation
- Computer competences
- Budgeting skills
- Multitasking and time management
- Attention to details and listening skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Problem-solving abilities and reliability
Similar skills and qualifications are included in the example cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Team Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Bernard:
When I learned of Wicksham’s need for a new Team Assistant, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume. As a dedicated professional with solid experience supporting high-level teams while facilitating company success through superior administration and project coordination skills, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From scheduling meetings and handling correspondence to supporting comprehensive administrative functions and collaborating with cross-functional teams, I excel in providing top-notch organizational support to drive team efficiency, productivity, and success. My proven success excelling within team environments—along with my excellent problem-solving and time management skills—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing a variety of administrative responsibilities and project management functions to ensure seamless operations and successful project execution.
- Suggesting and implementing improved office processes designed to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Excelling within challenging, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks.
- Demonstrating superior technical ability as well as courteous reception skills and outstanding oral/written communication talents.
With my experience providing exceptional team support, combined with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing this position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
May L. Sims