Dd Form 1746 Application For Assignment To Housing And Urban

Government Housing

Government Housing

MCAS Yuma housing became privatized on October 10, 2004. Housing aboard MCAS Yuma is managed by a private partner, Lincoln Military Housing. A full time government staff is also available to serve members on issues pertaining strictly to the military including: applications for housing, wait lists, BAH issues, etc., as well as providing an off station referral program. Lincoln Military Housing is located at Bldg. 1080, Martini Avenue. For Lincoln Military Housing call 928-344-1240. For assistance with housing applications, waitlists, BAH issues and referrals for renting out in the Yuma community, call 928-269-2826. 

Assignment to housing is not mandatory at MCAS Yuma. Quarters are diverse in size, shape and style. All housing units have been renovated and upgraded, or newly built in the 2005-2007 timeframe. Annual upgrades are completed to include landscaping, dog parks and other improvements. We continue forward with improvements that boost morale and lead to happy residents and productive service members.

Military personnel who are authorized Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), assigned to this activity with Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, and have one or more bona fide family members residing with them on a full time basis, are eligible to apply for base housing. Eligible service members can apply for housing prior to arrival by faxing or emailing a DD 1746 (Housing Application) along with supporting documents. Applications are made through the Base Housing Office. Once the application is approved, the Wait List is handled by Lincoln Military Housing. Application may be made in person or submitted by fax at 928-269-3284, DSN 312-269-3284, or emailed. Those not submitted in person must be confirmed within 30 days of reporting to MCAS Yuma in order to meet the local move entitlement.

Documents Needed to Apply for Housing

Housing application package may be emailed to Yuma.housing@usmc.mil or faxed to (928) 269-3284. It is not necessary to return the second page (instructions) of the application (DD Form 1746).

Plus: Below are other documents that may be needed, depending on your individual situation.  Please contact the housing office to inquire about all the necessary required documents if you are not sure what paperwork is required. 

  • Incoming Orders or Pg. 3 if you are already attached to MCAS Yuma 
  • Dependency Application from (NAVMC 10922), from IPAC, Page 2 for Navy personnel, or DEERS Enrollment form for all other services.
  • Custody paperwork/Divorce Decree (if applicable)
  • Selection/Reenlistment documentation (if applicable)
  • OBGYN Statement (if expecting)

*Fax Housing Application to 928-269-3284 with Supporting Documentation. Be sure to include any contact information so that we can reach you when necessary. 

Housing Units

There are 693 on station houses, separated by rank and bedroom entitlement, and 128 off station apartments (3100 W. 16th St.). 16th Street apartments are 2 bedroom apartments, and only E1-E5 personnel with 0-1 children are qualified for these apartments/wait list. Two pets are allowed in base housing. Dogs are only permitted in downstairs apartments at 16th St. Housing.  Cats are permitted in the up or downstairs apartments. Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, canid/wolf hybrids or any breeds with dominant traits of aggression present an unreasonable risk to the health & safety of personnel in family housing areas and are prohibited aboard all Marine Corps installations.

EFM Housing

EFMP Manager in close coordination with Family Housing and Lincoln Military Housing work together to meet the needs for military families with special needs. Priority assignment is determined on a case by case basis based on the letter issued to the member from Headquarters Marine Corps as part of the program requirements.

Check-in for Housing

Once a service member has detached from his/her last command he/she may check in for housing purposes prior to the official check in to their unit. The service member with detachment orders can check in with the Office-In-Charge, Installation Personnel Administration Center (IPAC) located at Bldg. 507. The service member then can provide endorsement of orders to the housing office to place their name on the waiting list or accept housing. Advanced applications with web orders are also accepted. The Lincoln Military Housing Office is open Monday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. The government Housing Office is open Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Closed on holidays.

Wait Times

Your position is determined by an individual’s control date on the waitlist. If you are just PCSing to MCAS Yuma, your Control Date is your detach date from your last permanent duty station if you apply for housing within 30 days of your report date. If you are already attached to MCAS Yuma, your Control Date would be your date of application. Wait times are subject to change without notice. Call the housing office before you detach your command to verify wait times or for assistance locating rental property in the local community. Generally, wait times range from 30 days to 12 months, based on occupancy/availability. While waiting for privatized housing, there are a limited number of short term/temporary lodging facilities in the local community that service members can rent weekly or month to month. Some of the short term lodging facilities accept pets, some with restrictions and some require a non-refundable security deposit. Families with two or more children, and/or a pet(s), may find it difficult to locate temporary (1 to 3 month) rentals, and may wish to consider alternate temporary arrangements.

2-4 Months



Estimated Wait


16th St
2 bed, off base housing

1-2 months upstairs
1-2 months downstairs


2 Bed

1-3 months


3 Bed

0-2 months


4 Bed

No wait

Newer SNCO

3 Bed

3-6 months

Newer SNCO

4 Bed

6-12 months


3 Bed

6-12 months


4 Bed

6-12 months


3 Bed

1-3 months


4 Bed

6-12 months

These waits are subject to change without notice. Contact the Housing Office for updated wait times.

MCAS Yuma Housing Referrals

The primary source of housing for military families is the civilian housing market in the local Yuma community. We understand that in many cases, on base housing is not the best option for some families. We offer a Referral Service to help with those circumstances that would require off base housing.  

Housing Referral Guide (2MB PowerPoint) (updated as changes occur)

Find a Listing

We have a rental listing for apartments.  We can also assist you with locating houses, condos, and town-homes out in the local community. Please call the Housing Referral Office at 928-269-2826 for more information.

Apartment Complex Listing (updated every 6 months or as changes by Property Manager occur).

Single Service Member Housing

Please contact Bachelor Housing, Enlisted Quarters (BEQ):  Reservations at 928-269-2591.

BEQ's have Wi-Fi access in the lounge areas.

Please contact Bachelor Housing, Officers Quarters (BOQ): Reservations at 928-269-3578.

BOQ's have Wi-Fi access.



There is good reason all incoming personnel are directed by their orders to report to the Housing Service Center (HSC) before making any commitments for housing (rental or sales). The HSC provides information regarding entitlements, referrals, availability, programs and services. Whether single or with family members, the services available are designed to accelerate obtaining appropriate permanent quarters. You can even apply for housing prior to departing your current command. For information about applicability, availability, programs and service, visit the Everett Housing Service Center.  

Government Housing

Family Housing

Military Family Housing at Naval Station Everett offers you one Public/Private Venture partners, Hunt Military Communities, they are located off base. Constitution Park, located in the city of Lake Stevens, has 141 homes consisting of 71 three bedroom homes and 70 four bedroom homes.

Waiting lists for all units are maintained at the Housing Services Center (HSC). As a resident, you will get all the benefits of living in a safe, nurturing military community plus the efficient service of a professional management team. Residents must comply with the rules of the civilian owner.

Application -When applying for PPV housing you must submit a completed DD Form 1746, Application for the Assignment of Military Family Housing along with a copy of current orders, Emergency Data Record (Page 2) Sex Offender Policy & Acknowledgement Disclosure form, CNIC Contact Information Release Form and Courtesy Move documents. Applications can be sent in advance and are available online. However, you will need to visit your local HSC within 30 days of arrival to ensure your application has been activated. Once the entire application package has been received you will be placed on the wait list. If the spouse is submitting the application a Power of Attorney is required.. Mail should be addressed as follows: Housing Service Center, Naval Station Everett, 2000 West Marine View Drive, Building 2028, Room 115, Everett, WA 98207. Services are available to active duty and retired military as well as DoD personnel. The customer may contact the Navy HSC using whatever medium they choose, including email, Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT), telephone, or in person. Regardless of the contact method, the housing counselor will follow the same process for assisting the customer and referring them quickly and efficiently to the PPV Property Manager.

Exceptional Family Members categorized at levels 4 or 5 are eligible for priority housing with control dates directly below the freeze zone (top 10% of any waitlist). Other situations are reviewed on a case by case basis.

Non-Government Housing

Rental Options

HSC is your contact for any problems you may encounter such as discrimination complaints, tenant/landlord disputes, or any questions or problems about off-base housing. All renters should carry renters insurance against fire, theft and other damages. The property owner's insurance will cover the property but not the renter's personal property. Transfer insurance coverage after you arrive.

Referral Services

The HSC will provide you a list of rentals with corresponding locator maps and give you information regarding the communities in which the rentals are located. The HSC maintains an extensive computerized database of rental listings provided by property management companies, individual landlords, brokers, and agents. The listing consists of apartments, houses, duplexes, condominiums, townhouses and studios.

Purchase Options

Home prices are often the biggest shock for a family relocating to Everett. Currently, median prices for homes in Snohomish County range from $269,000 to $488,000. The latter reflects the median home price south of Everett. Home prices rise dramatically the closer to Seattle you are in Snohomish County. Everett is the county seat for Snohomish County.

Associated Links

Defense Travel Management Office /Per Diem
Per Diem official website with information on allowances, travel regulations and lodging websites.

Official Defense Personal Property System (DPS) Portal. Find out what type of information can be found and where to find it on Move.mil by watching the video presentation, "What's on Move.mil?"

Homeowners Assistance Program
Describes the programs and benefits available to some military families impacted by BRAC and PCSing personnel with mortgage shortfalls.

Navy Household Goods Channel
Subscribe to the Navy HHG’s YouTube channel for informational videos on DPS, move.mil and other household goods subjects.

Defense Personal Property System Portal (DPS)
DPS Password & Login Procedures video presentation shows how to get your DPS Password and Login to the system for the first time.

Categories: 1

0 Replies to “Dd Form 1746 Application For Assignment To Housing And Urban”

Leave a comment

L'indirizzo email non verrà pubblicato. I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *